Tuesday, April 16, 2013

rainy day post

Today i decided to post the different trees in my back yard. i had no idea that there was so many different types of trees out there. The tree in the top right is called Norway maple, the one in the bottom right is called a purple beech, the last large one on the left is called a shag bark hemlock. All of the trees are pretty cool. The purple beech has beautiful purple leafs when its in full bloom. The shag bark hemlock is very cool too you can see that the bark is almost peeling off. and i think it has icy growing up the bark. i need to do more research on the plant growing up the shag bark.

4 comments:

  1. Good blog man. Now I feel like I’m not in the dark with tree’s I got some knowledge about them now no doubt. Now I got to make like one n leaf. Bahahahahah……… c ya lata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a shagbark hickory? My mother has those and the hickory nuts are really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's shagbark hickory. Cool trees, blogger James. That purple beech must be a stunner in full leaf. Norway maples-- I hate them. Invasive species.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shagbark hickory is really sweet. If you ever get stranded outside your house and need to build a fire, the bark from that tree is really useful as a fire starter. I don’t know if I’ve ever said this but I’m an eagle scout. Yeah that’s right.

    ReplyDelete