Tuesday, March 5, 2013

week 3 tree sit


This week I wanted to do a tree to sit for 30 minuets and I found a lot of cool things that we have learned about in the weeks before. As you can see there is a lot less snow on the ground and you can see the grass coming through. While in the tree I notice a lot of things like on the bark of the tree there was moss growing. Knowing that this was moss I knew it was a nonvascular plant.  While on the tree I also noticed that there was a branch that had no bark on it. Knowing that the bark was the only way to bring water to the rest of the tree I was not surprised that the branch was dead from that part on because it had no vascular cambium. Being in the tree was a lot of fun and I found a lot of cool things. Just don’t do it in wingtips like I did. 

2 comments:

  1. James first of all wingtips are not tree climbing approved. Secondly, when I said the tree was climbable I didn’t mean to send you to your death. It looks as if you took those pictures from outer space. Very cool though, I liked the way you grouped them all as one picture. Very techy of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good ways up there, James. All in the service of scientific inquiry; I applaud you sir!

    ReplyDelete